In the story “This is what it means to say Phoenix, Arizona,” I fount a couple things that seemed unusual, for instance Victor personality in the story wasn’t the same as the movie. In the movie he acted like the bad guy, always had a tough attitude and seemed mad all the time. In the book he seemed laid back, actually acting like a regular teenager. As for Thomas he is still the same dorky kid in both the movie and story. Victor did seem the same towards Thomas, except he wasn’t as me as he was in the movie.
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your observations. Partially, the differences are due to the differences in film versus text. In the movie, we see the scenes enacted, while we have to imagine the events described to us in the text.
The story we read is from the book The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. The book has the space to focus on multiple stories. The movie focuses on on just one aspect of the story.
Lauren
Hello Myra,
ReplyDeleteI personally like the moveie a lot more. To me the story was very boaring and was missing way to much information. To me it seemed like the whole meaning of the relattionship between Victor and Thomas was not there.
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us, but I also liked the movie instead of the story. I agree with Mattie that the relationship between Victor and Thomas was not the same like in the movie. However, it is hard for a teenager to deal with just a big loss like your father dying.
I agree with you in that the short story version the characters were much more laid back. This is something that I hadn't thought about, but now seems very obvious. I think that maybe that is one of the reasons I liked the movie version better; there seemed to be more emotions and action in the movie as opposed to the text version.
ReplyDeleteHi Myra,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that the story was nowhere as interesting as the flim. Good job!
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteI think a big reason they made Victor seem like he was more angry in the movie is because they showed more of his childhood. The short story focuses more on his relationship with his father and his journey, but big parts of the film show the events in his past that made him the angry man he was in the film.
Hi Myra, I had hoped that the movie showed more of victor's past and history with his father. He did seem like a popular teen, from the short scene in the movie. Overall I liked the movie and the short story.
ReplyDeleteHi Myra, I had hoped that the movie showed more of victor's past and history with his father. He did seem like a popular teen, from the short scene in the movie. Overall I liked the movie and the short story
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete