Sunday, October 31, 2010

Writing Topic: Chapter 27

In Chapter 27 "Choose appropriate verb forms, tenses, and moods in standard English," I found it to be a very interesting topic i like to share with all my classmates.

All verbs in English have five different forms, expect for the verb be. The five forms are Base form, Past Tense, Past Participle, Present Participle, and -S Form. An interesting face about this forms are that the past-tense and Past-principle form regular verbs ending with -ed. On the other hand the irregular verbs are formed by the past-tense and past-principle.

Choose standard English forms of irregular verbs.
With all regular verbs end with -ed or -d. They are formed by past-tense and past- principle. Some base form words are, go, fight and fly. Other like past-tense words can be, went, fought and flew. While past-principle words are gone, fought and flown.

Distinguish among the forms of lie and lay.
Everyone in this world confuse lie and lay. Like for example the word lie is an intransitive verb, while lay is a direct object.

Some of this tips can really help you when your struggling, sometimes either your not sure if it sounds correct or if it even makes any sense. I plan to use this in class when i want to end words with -ed or -s. I know it  cant be sued at my work unless i use it verbally, by making sure my speech is correct ending with the right endings. I hope all of you enjoy this chapter, its helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment