It is true, most assignments require that when you write an essay you either have a thesis or a main idea, and have well organized paragraphs to support you thesis or main idea. To form a thesis there's a couple of steps that can help you achieve a well organized essay.
First they require that you make a thesis sentence. A thesis can either appear at the beginning or end of the introduction. Its basically a one sentence statements of your main idea.
Then you need to organize all your evidence. The standard model is, Method, Result, Discussion.
Then they may ask you to use sources to inform and help explain your thesis. The author says that the sources can play a big role in developing your essay.
I plan to use this when i have to write essay's for this class. I know how important the thesis statement is. Thad's why when we have essay's to write I'm very careful about the things i want to say. I find this really helpful and i also plan to use this for English 1a.
No comments:
Post a Comment