Hi, My name is Myra Alvarez. I was born in Santa Rosa but raised in a small town named Healdsburg. I just barely moved to Santa Rosa about two years ago, and let me tell you what a big difference Santa Rosa is compared to Healdsburg. About a year ago, I became a Certified Phlebotomist, it’s the coolest job I could have ever chosen. Right now I’m back at school trying to become a Registered Nurse. I’m not married nor have any kids. I’m just tiring to do as much as I can before I start a family of my own.
English is not my best subject, just because it was always a little more confusing to me. I hope that I will learn new writing skills and new reading skills. I love to learn but I learn better seeing it done. This is also my first time taking an English class online. I’m very excited and I hope to learn a lot from this class and pass it on to my younger nieces and nephews.
I have taken English 100 last semester and my teacher was really hard on the assignments and quizzes, unfortunately I’m here again taking the class. I’m more nervous just because this is my second try and I don’t want to fail this time. I was disappointed but I’m starting out fresh and clean this year. I cant wait for to see how much I can learn from this class.
Hi Myra:
ReplyDeleteGood luck in nursing. I have been in health care for 33 years. I love it! What a wonderful way to give back to the community by taking care of people. I took an english class during the summer online. I really enjoyed it. This one will be much harder, but I know we can both get through it and pass.
I had never set-up a blog before, that was difficult, had no idea what I was doing. I was excited because I learned something new. I guess you can probably tell, I am not as young as most of you. This class will be great!
I am a lot like you when it comes to learning because its just easier for me. I took some type of English class this summer to help me to prepare for this class because I have taken it before and failed bad. So good luck with the nursing thing and good luck with this class too.
ReplyDeleteHi Myra,
ReplyDeleteThe great thing about online courses is you have time to think and revise before posting anything. Face-to-face classes are immediate and don't always give learners enough time before they need to write or speak. Stay on top of the deadlines, but look over the assignments early, so you take the time to really consider your viewpoints. You'll do great!
Lauren
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I would like to congratulate you on finding a job that you enjoy, that's a tough thing for many people. From reading your blog, it looks like you shouldn't have anything to worry about with passing the class. It appears to me to be very well put together. Maybe you'll do better now that you can kind of do the assignments on your own time and not have to be sitting, listening to an instructor lecture for hours weekly. Just make sure to keep up with all of the assignments and discussions and you'll have an A on your transcript before you know it. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do great!
-Alex
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you are going to school for Nursing which is what I am doing also. I love the medical field and enjoy it very much. It is great that you have a job that you enjoy and makes you happy not a lot of people can say that about their jobs. On-line classes are very easy they are my favorite beacuse you can be home with your family. Hope you do great in this class and don't be nervous you will do fine.
Maura
Myra:
ReplyDeleteI have found that the classes I had to repeat were easier for me the second time around. I bet you will find out that you know a lot more this time because you will be revisiting things you have already learned.
Good luck in your pursuit of a nursing degree. You have chosen a very rewarding and honorable career path!
Sandra Brunner-Peterson
Hi Myra
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on holding off on having a family till your done reaching your goals, I’m doing the same thing I want to be able to get done with my education before I start a family sometimes it’s easier that way. Like you this is second time taking English 100, the first time I took it I got a little over whelmed I had a different teacher it was about a 1 year ago and unfortunately I didn’t do so well, so I’m hoping to do the best this time around. Well good luck with the course I hope everything goes well for you. Rosio
Why hello,
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time to read my "Blah".
Its hard With a full time job, I can only take a couple of classes a semster and Im happy with that. It sounds like your on your way to doing what you want to do in life. English will be a breeze for you. What exactly is a Phlebotomist? :)
Hey Myra my name is Cody Shibukawa and i am really impressed by you. I think its great that with two kids you can find the motivation to go back to school and get a degree, and a degree in nursing no less. That's what i call motivated. Good luck with you busy schedule and i look forward to getting to know you better.
ReplyDeleteCody