In the 'Rules for Writers' chapter 46, talked about the major points of text. Text can refer to essays, books and etc. It gives you step by step on how to analyze a text and how to take notes. There's 2 steps that they have found helpfull for students to understand. First, you have to annotate the text. Annotating basically means that your observing the text and writing down any questions that you may get while reading the text. Second step that they have found helpful is underylining the main keys points of the text. Say you come across a major point, you underline it, that way when your done reading the whole text, you cokme back and find the main point is. Doing all of these helpful steps will make you become a better writer.
I find that this chapter taught me alot about how to take notes and analyze a story. You see i find english really hard and sometimes confusing, but i feel now i can really use this helpful steps for my current english class. I loved how it explained the difference between summarizing the text from analyzing a text. I hope this will come helpfull during the next couple assingments. I plan to use it when we have reading assignments and when we have to start writing essays. I hope that it will be easy as the book explains it.
No comments:
Post a Comment