When I hear the word free write, I automatically know that a freewrite is when your teacher gives you 10 or 15 minutes to write about anything you want. When I mean anything, it really means anything. The real purpose of a freewrite is to put all your ideas into one paper without really worrying about grammar or spelling. Say that you cant think of anything to write, just write on the paper you can’t think of anything over and over until you can think of something to write. That’s why freewrite’s are fun, because you can express yourself without having to worry about spelling or any errors. Freewrite makes our writing stronger because it lets us put all our ideas down on a piece of paper and at the end we can combine and gather good information from it.
As I learn more and more about freewrite’s, its just surprise’s me how much a freewrite can do. I’m not going to lie but I thought freewrite’s were just to free write about anything, but as I learn more I see that freewrite’s can come I into handy when doing an essay, or just a way to put ideas together. I feel that in the future freewrite’s will come in handy and I can’t wait to use this technique.
I'm also looking forward to using the technique and have decided to start a daily journal in hopes it will help me with my writing. I find it so difficult to write without constantly editing myself to the point where I am just staring at a blank piece of paper. I think it's going to be interesting for us, as a class, to see how we have all improved our writing through reading our blogs over the course of the semester.
ReplyDeleteHi Myra,
ReplyDeleteI agree that freewrites come in handy with essay writing; they can be great first drafts for essays. You remind me how important it is to take away the pressure and stress that's often connected to writing; it's difficult to write, or do anything, well when we're stressed and anxious about it. I also think 10 minute freewrites force people to get all their ideas out before the end of the 10 minutes; people tend to work better with deadlines, so the writing isn't drawn out longer than it needs to be.
Thanks for your ideas.
Lauren
Well unlike you I never heard of freewrites until this class. I know its been around forever but English is not one of my strong subjects and not one of my favorite either. But now that Ive read your blog I guess I can look at it as being helpful to me in the long run when writing these papers and will probably help me to end up with a decent grade. So yeah, freewrite come on you are my new best friend in English. LOL.
ReplyDeleteHey Myra,
ReplyDeleteI never thought of free writing as fun. I now can see why they can be fun. I am hoping that the writes help me beecome a better writer! Now that I've read your response to the reading I can embrace the freewrites with a more positive attitude!!
Hi Myra,
ReplyDeleteI think that free writes are fun too. It's nice to just write about what's on your mind without having to worry about spelling and grammar. I agree that they are also helpful in writing essays. It's a good way to get all your ideas onto paper first and then organize them properly.
I never liked free writing in high school, I always thought it was a burden but since I've been taking college English classes,I stared liking writing. Free writing is a way for me to write down my ideas and use it in my main essay. I think its really helpful and can come in handy. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that free-writing can be very fun thing to do in English class and also a great way to not worry about grammar or spelling. I never new what it meant to do free write because I never did it in high school, well not that i remember of. It's great that free-writing can help with assignments.
ReplyDeleteI think it is pretty cool that you can write freewrites to brainstorm your essay. That sounds like it is really going to work in this class.
ReplyDelete